As a travel magazine, Shatter the Looking Glass works to illustrate the complexity of travelling across borders. We provide a unique lens into culture, traditions and politics, so you can see a deeper appreciation of the world.
Now, we’re kicking it up a notch, and serving the travel community in an innovative, new way. Rather than just hand you a guidebook, we want to help you realize your personal dream of travel. Whether you are a student who is trying to figure out how to get abroad for an internship this summer, or a young professional trying to navigate a new country, SLG wants to help you have the best experience possible.
Our personalized travel coaching will help you devise an action plan for your trip, tailored to your specific needs. We’ll find the best guesthouses and accommodations according to your budget and interests. We’ll connect you with other travellers, movers and shakers in your field. And we’ll ensure that you know the best local restaurants, nightlife, and hotspots outside of the tourist enclaves.
Here’s what SLG can do for…
- Coach you on how to fundraise for trips through grants, fellowships personal fundraising
- Set up a realistic budget, and avoid very expensive package tours
- Optimize the best airlines and layovers that will work for your interests and travel goals
- Help you connect with organizations, internships, and research opportunities that won’t involve “pay to play” travel schemes
- Connect you with awesome travellers to understand what it’s like to live like a local
- Advise you on the best local secrets of where to stay and where to get the best local foods, nightlife
- Alert you on how to avoid scams, safety hazards and health risks
- Help you identify the optimal times to visit tourist hotspots and avoid the crowds
- Get you off the beaten track and advise the best ways to go local
- Offer links to professional networks and professionals in your field
- Help you connect with different organizations and start-ups related to your area of expertise
- Advise on local hotspots for networking, professional experiences, and places to be “seen”
- Plan lectures, dinners and speaking engagements so you can serve as an International ambassador for your company, start up, or organization
Backpackers or Flashpackers
- Expert advice on the best affordable accommodation, nightlife and eateries tailored to your budget of your needs
- Connect with other travellers on the road
- Connect with organizations that can offer “authentic travel experiences” with green and sustainable impacts
- Identify the most unique and authentic experiences tailored to your interests and needs
- Tips on how to cope with cultural shock, navigate cultural taboos and provide what to check out, and what to skip depending on your interests
With our personalized service through Skype and Email, we will help you realize your dream of travel, or help you craft the best local experience on the ground to help enhance your journey.
And our coaching doesn’t stop once you get on the ground. We are available for consultations during your trip, to offer advice, process culture shock, or just help you plan the best night out.
We’re here to design a trip and inform you in a way that goes beyond the guidebook.
In doing so, we hope to connect you with amazing local travel experiences that increase your awareness and get you where you want to go—
Want to start throwing around ideas for your next travel? Interested in talking to our travel experts? Email one at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Roger Langerich